THIS WORLD CUP-LEVEL XC FLYER PAIRS FLEXPOINT PRO REAR SUSPENSION WITH A SUPERLIGHT FULL COMPOSITE FRAME AND RACE-READY GEOMETRY. IT'S THE ULTIMATE WEAPON FOR TECHNICAL CROSS-COUNTRY TERRAIN.
KEY PERFORMANCE FACTORS
Next-generation Advanced composite mainframe and rear swingarm is 241g lighter than the previous version. The bottom bracket area is stiffer for faster acceleration, and a steeper seat tube puts the rider in an efficient climbing position.
FlexPoint Pro suspension delivers 100mm of smooth, active rear travel. The frameset features modern XC geometry including a slacker 67.5-degree head tube and 110mm suspension fork for technical descents.
29er stability and speed
Frame geometry and suspension are optimized for fast and stable 29-inch wheels. A longer reach and modified cockpit including a 35mm composite handlebar and alloy stem further boost balance and stability on XC terrain.
TECHS & FEATURES:
ADVANCED COMPOSITE TECHNOLOGY
- Giant's High Performance Grade raw carbon material is used to produce this custom frame material in our own composite factory with a high stiffness-to-weight ratio. The front triangle of these framesets is assembled and molded as one continuous piece in a proprietary manufacturing process called Modified Monocoque Construction.
ADVANCED FORGED COMPOSITE TECHNOLOGY
- A state-of-the-art high-pressure molding process is used to produce complex-shaped carbon fiber components that are lighter, stiffer, and stronger than similar components made from aluminum. This technology is used in critical performance parts such as Maestro Suspension rocker links.
- Giant's original oversized fork steerer tube technology. Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, the system's oversized headset bearings (1 1/4" lower and 1 1/8" upper for road, 1 1/2" lower and 1 1/8" upper for mountain) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
- Fewer flat tires. Greater traction. Less rolling resistance and a smoother, faster ride. Giant's Tubeless System makes it easier than ever to experience all these benefits.
FLEXPOINT PRO SUSPENSION TECHNOLOGY
- Developed as a superlight rear suspension setup for XC bikes that demand efficiency, control and responsive handling, FlexPoint Pro is a linkage-driven, single-pivot system that delivers 100mm of rear-wheel travel. It's engineered with a full-composite swingarm that significantly reduces overall frame weight.
|A||SEAT TUBE LENGTH (mm)||390||420||465||495|
|B||SEAT TUBE ANGLE||75.5°||75.5°||75.5°||75.5°|
|C||TOP TUBE LENGTH (mm)||572||604||626||653|
|D||HEAD TUBE LENGTH (mm)||90||95||105||115|
|E||HEAD TUBE ANGLE||67.5°||67.5°||67.5°||67.5°|
|F||FORK RAKE (mm)||44||44||44||44|
|I||CHAIN STAY LENGTH (mm)||435||435||435||435|
|J||BOTTOM BRACKET DROP (mm)||42||42||42||42|
|M||STAND OVER HEIGHT (mm)||745||750||777||800|
|N||HANDLEBAR WIDTH (mm)||760||760||760||760|
|O||STEM LENGTH (mm)||60||70||70||70|
|P||CRANK LENGTH (mm)||170||175||175||175|
|Small||5'4" - 5’8"|
|Medium||5'7" - 5’11"|
|Large||5'10" - 6’2"|
|X-Large||6'2" - 6'6"|
|Frame||Advanced-Grade Composite front and rear triangles, 100mm FlexPoint Pro suspension, 12x148mm thru-axle|
|Fork||Fox 34 Float SC Factory Live Valve, 110mm, FIT4 damper, Boost 15x110 Kabolt, 44mm offset, custom tuned for Giant|
|Rear Shock||Fox Factory Live Valve, 165/45, custom tuned for Giant|
|Rims||Giant XCR 1 30 Carbon WheelSystem, 30mm inner width|
|Hubs||[F] Giant XC alloy, CenterLock, [R] Giant XC alloy, DT350 internal, 54t ratchet system, CenterLock|
|Tires||Maxxis Recon Race 29x2.4, foldable, TLR, EXO, tubeless|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB, press fit|
|Crankset||SRAM GX, 32t, 55mm chainline S:170mm, M:175mm, L:175mm, XL:175mm|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle, 1x12|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Cassette/Freewheel||SRAM GX, 10x52|
|Brakes||Shimano Deore XT BR-M8100, hydraulic, Shimano RT-64 rotors [F]180mm, [R]160mm|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Deore XT BL-M8100|
|Handlebars||Giant Contact SLR XC Flat, composite, 760x35mm|
|Tape/Grips||Giant XC Pro S:32mm, M:32mm, L:34mm, XL:34mm|
|Stem||Giant Contact SL XC, 35mm S:60mm, M:70mm, L:70mm, XL:70mm|
|Seatpost||Giant Contact Switch dropper, remote S: 125mm travel / 30.9 x 395mm|
|Saddle||Fi'zi:k Antares R5 with K:ium rails|
|Accessories & Extras||tubeless prepared, 2.4" max tire size, 34t max chainring size, Giant/MRP CS chain guide|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Supernova / Small||04712878849761||2301012104|
|Supernova / Medium||04712878849778||2301012105||210000042959|
|Supernova / Large||04712878849785||2301012107|
|Supernova / X-Large||04712878849792||2301012108|